Jump to navigation Jump to search
Basic Level 2 Mobile Electronics Repair Tool Guide
- Nitrile Gloves - Not really a tool, but a great way to combat all the germs and such on these devices! Make sure they are decently snug. I would buy all the sizes and see which really fit the best, before you commit to a large amount.
- Micro Screwdrivers - A nice high quality set of micro drivers is something everyone should invest in as soon as possible. A good set of drivers can make doing a high screw count device go from a nightmare, to a breeze. Do not waste your time with the small sets of disposable black drivers that come with your screen.
- Screwdriver Magnetizer \ Demagnetizer - Without this, rage will ensue. Keeping your screwdrivers properly magnetized, will prevent you from going the tweezer route more times than not.
- Magnetic Work Mat - If you think you're going to do a good job keeping track of 30 tiny screws on a table. You're wrong, alot of the screws your working with, are indistinguishable from one another without a digital caliper. Stay organized. Nobody wants to deal with long-screw.
- ESD MAT - I can tell you to wear a wrist strap, but nobody will. At least use an ESD MAT thats actually attached to ground! And no wireless wrist straps do not work. You're not getting out of it that easy.
- ESD TWEEZERS - A good set of ESD Tweezers will help you in many situations.
- Hobby Knife - Having a solid set of full METAL hobby knives, is something everyone should start working with early.
- Single Blade Razor 100pc - To cheap not to have. The sharper the better.
- Playing Cards - The most indispensable opening tool you will ever use. Hands down. Playing cards are great for getting under delicate displays, and glass without damaging other items.
- Nylon Spudger - An essential in day to day phone disassembly. These bad boys will be much easier on connectors and other small objects that need prying inside of a phone. Buy these in BULK!
- Feeler Gauges - Be respectful of small spaces. Sometimes you need thinner and stronger.
- Metal Spudger - There are a multitude of different types of metal spudgers on the market. There is one to fit everyones style.
- Guitar Picks - Cheap and readily available, these work great to keep the sections of a tablet digitizer that you've already separated from sticking back down while you work your way around it.
- Suction Cup - Any sturdy suction cup with a nice handle will do.
- iSesamoV2 Pretty much the ultimate opening tool.
- Double Sided Tech Tape - Essential in most repairs, very strong tackified acrylic double sided tape is used for many things, most notably to hold displays in frames.
- B7000 - Another product thats kind of hard to substitute, very strong glue to give a solid hold. Trusted by everyone.
- 99% Isopropyl Alcohol - Used for cleaning and buffing displays and cleaning out glue from frames. WARNING Do NOT use this in an ultrasonic cleaner for anything outside of FLUX removal, and in a well vented area. ISO turns into a gas and will make your room explosion prone!
- Acetone - Used for cleaning and buffing displays and cleaning out glue from frames. WARNING Do NOT use this in an ultrasonic cleaner.
- D-Limonene - Best all around OCA and LOCA remover hands down.
- Stereo Microscope - A stereo microscope allows you to see see and work in the microscopic. As soon as you can afford one, these are an amazing investment that will really let you move forward in doing quality work. Be it Microsoldering OR Refurbishing. Being able to see things at this level just enables you to do so much better and more accurate work.
- Ultrasonic Cleaner - You will need something to clean water-damaged boards and to clean up on larger jobs. If its more than a few 01005's, it may be a good idea to clean the board post job.
- Clean Room Cloth - Just do yourself a favor and buy this in bulk.
- Cotton Swab - Used for cleanup, make sure to buy solid core wood or the hard cardboard type, never the plastic ones, they melt and are weak!
- Acid Brushes - Great for flux cleanup and other general board brushing situations. Older style but can be purchased in bulk pretty cheap and can be cut to length.
- Tooth Brushes - Great for flux cleanup and other general board brushing situations, cheaper ultrasonic brushes are pretty nice too!